Polk County Community Betterment Grant Program FY 2018/2019 Application Instructions
The Polk County Board of Supervisors is pleased to offer this unique funding opportunity to community service organizations throughout Polk County. The Polk County Community Betterment Grant Program was designed to provide financial support to non-profit organizations that provide cultural, recreational, educational, and human needs services to our citizens. Polk County has a rich history of partnering with public and private entities to provide effective programs and services to our community. The Board of Supervisors applauds your efforts to improve the quality of life for our citizens.
Polk County Community Betterment Grants (CBG) are funded from profits received by Polk County from the operation of the Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino. These grants provide another opportunity for the Board of Supervisors to return casino profits to our community. Unfortunately, due to the tremendous number of requests received and the uncertainty of gaming profits, it is impossible for the Board to approve every request.
Grants are awarded on a year-by-year basis and organizations should not rely solely upon these funds for ongoing operational programs. Due to legal restrictions, Iowa Code 331.901(5), organizations under ecclesiastical or sectarian management are not eligible for Polk County's CBGs.
FY 2018/2019 Grant Schedule
- Applications will be accepted December 1st, 2018 through February 28th, 2019
- Completed applications and all supporting documentation should be submitted online to:
- The Board of Supervisors will review all applications to determine awards from March 3 through June 30, 2019.
- Grant recipients must provide the Board with an annual grant status report. The report should include pertinent information that demonstrates the accomplishment of the grant's stated purpose (Application Items 2 through 5). Reports are due February 28th each year until the grant proceeds have been exhausted or your project has been completed. The annual report should include a copy of the latest audited financial report for your organization. The annual grant report should be submitted online to:
- All grant recipients must fill out and submit the online grant reporting form. Reports are due 90 days after funds are fully expended.
Thank you for your interest in the Polk County Community Betterment Grant Program. If you have any questions regarding the program; please contact Lisa Moody-Tunks at 515-286-2272.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact :
Lisa Moody-Tunks at (515)-286-2272 or